Tuesday 2 April 2013

Looking Up & Lost Sheep


It’s easy to walk along looking straight ahead or at the ground in front of you; I do it all the time. But, sometimes, I look up and see something that blows my socks off. Walking along The Drive in Hove today I passed All Saints Anglican Church, a rather imposing Gothic-style church, famed for its lunchtime music recitals as well as for its architecture
 

Next to the church is a small block of flats, and something right at that top of that block caught my eye  - a flash of white – something that looked like...like a sheep!


Indeed, two of them! On a balcony at the top of the small block of flats!


It reminded me of the ‘lost sheep’ parable (Matthew 18: 12-14 and Luke 15:3-7). Since I was once a lost sheep myself, I felt a kinship with these guys – but, more likely, I’m misinterpreting the situation and they are just hardy explorers, mountain goats in sheep’s clothing. Either way, a Happy Easter to them too!   

No comments:

Post a Comment